Monday, November 17, 2008

Baby Hiatus


I am so thankful that Emilia is here. She completes our family in so many ways. And after four straight years of pregnancies that were physically debilitating, it is such a wonderful thing for me to be up on my feet doing things again - things that I had to rely on others' help with for most of the past few years. So praise to God for His grace, and for mercy in giving me the physical strength that I have desired for what seemed like an eternity.


So we are all adjusting to a new life now. I have a renewed passion for keeping my home and serving my family. Not to mention trying to get the rest that I need in order to do these things. So that being said, I will not be taking on any more custom orders through Christmas. I may post a few items to my Etsy store, and will continue in the free gift wrap promotion, but I will leave it there. My family needs me right now - and I need them too! - so I will gladly turn my attention to them for the next 6 weeks or so.


And I'll leave this post tonight with one of my favorite quotes, from the book Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss:


Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God; and the body in which it dwells is worthy all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Christ's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mother's heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her lifelong prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, how wondrously blest!


If words could attempt to capture what my heart is dwelling on right now, those would do them the most justice.

No comments: